Saturday 17 February 2018

Music is Silence Coloured in by Karen Arribas

Hello and welcome to my next lesson. It will be based on this months Scrapbooking/ Card Challenge.


I decided to do a card challenge using the above colours and stencils by Dina Wakley and 7gypsies.


I tried to get the correct green/grey colour by using a mixture of different colours. I used Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paint - Black, KAISERcolour Acrylic paint - Pistachio and Decoart Media fluid acrylic - Phthalo Turquoise. I'm thinking I needed to add a bit more green to the mix. I covered the entire card in the colour.



I used the 7gypsies stencil 'Triangle Grid' and sporadically covered it with Dina Wakley heavy body acrylic paint - Chedder (mixed with white)

I then used small bits of music paper and placed it in a few areas on the card and then used Decoart media - Titan Buff and covered a thin layer of paint over the stenciling so you could see some of the areas coming through.



I then went over it again using the darker colour and used the 7gypsies stencil and Dina Wakley Media Stencil- Scales.


I then used 7 Dots Studio 'Dreamscapes' collage paper as the background for the heart and butterfly wings. The stamp is from the Finnabair cling stamp collection 'Trust the magic' and the butterfly wings are from a napkin I had.




Materials used: 
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paint - Black, 
KAISERcolour Acrylic paint - Pistachio 
Decoart Media fluid acrylic - Phthalo Turquoise
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paint - Chedder
Decoart Media Fluid Acrylic - Titan Buff
7gypsies stencil 'Triangle Grid'
Dina Wakley Media Stencil- Scales.
7 Dots Studio 'Dreamscapes' collage paper
Finnabair cling stamp collection 'Trust the magic' 

All the materials used can be purchased at: https://artandsoulstudio.com.au/



Thanks for looking and I hope this lesson has inspired you to create from this months moodboard. see you soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...