Saturday 25 November 2017

Background for Art Journal page - by Lynn Good

Hi everyone, Lynn here today to share how I created the background page on two art journal spreads using Finnabair Mica Powders and Finnabair Art Alchemy paints and waxes. (I have put links at the end of the blog for the products used).

I began by using Finnabair 3D Gloss Gel through a stencil on black art journal book


Once dry I have applied some Mica Powders.  The first coat comes up a bit like a white wash


Once dried I applied a second coat.  I have applied the powders direct to the paper and spritzed with water and then used a large brush to encourage the paints where I wanted them.


Once the second coat was dry I have applied some of the Art Alchemy waxes randomly on the stencilled areas.  I have used my fingers to apply as I find I have more control this way.
I have then applied a top coat of satin varnish. This will seal the colours in a gives it a nice shine.




I have added a couple of images, quotes and rub-ons and splatters of gesso to complete the page




For the second page, I have done the same technique with the stencil and gloss gel.  I have then done a light covering with the Mica Powders


I have them come in with the Art Sparks paints and Alchemy waxes and highlighted the flowers.  Again I have done this with my fingers.  The colours are fantastic and change depending on the angle you hold the paper









I have again sealed this with satin varnish.

My background is now complete and ready for some word stickers or maybe a quote.

here is a list of the products used with a link to the shop.





Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have enjoyed my blogpost.  
Til next time - Happy Crafting.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Lynn with equally beautiful products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your projects Lynn, i feel inspired to use the waxes now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome texture, loving the shimmer of the powders!

    ReplyDelete

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...