Saturday 9 September 2017

Believe

Hello Soul Sisters
Welcome to our new look blog, its so colourful that it just makes me want to create.
I am sharing with you today an art journal page that I create during the week.

 
Here is how I created it.

My first step as most of you know I cover 95% of my pages with a layer of white gesso, sometimes it can be thick with lots of texture or other times its just a layer to stop the mediums soaking into the raw paper.
The layer on this piece of watercolour paper is applied with a palette knife with not much texture

My next step was to decide which stencil I was going to use to apply texture to my page. I didn't cover all my surface with the stencil design as I did want a contrast between the two.

My next step was to add colour. Before I added the colour to my page I sprayed it with a decent amount of water so that once I added the coloured sprays they would move around the texture paste without any effort. I made sure that I kept some white space although its not completely white it does have a small amount of colour.


Here is a close up of the shine that was created.

My next step was to add some stamping, I did this with two different stamps. I reinked between each stamp of the images, but I always stamped on a scrap piece of paper first so that the ink was not too dark. I heat dried the ink and then I wanted to reactivate the sprays just a little so I sprayed water from a distance and then quickly dried with my heat gun, this gave the background some more texture.
 
 Here is another close up after the stamping and spraying of water.
 
The last step of my art journal page was to emboss and heat set my piece of chipboard then attach it to the surface with some matte medium.
 
Products I used from the Shop:

Happy Creating
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial

  Blue Fairy on a Pink Donut Fantasy Acrylic Painting Tutorial Glamour Shots Hey there everyone, Kristina ...